If you’re the proud owner of the new iPhone 15 Pro, you might be wondering how to capture screenshots on your device.
Taking screenshots is a handy feature that allows you to save and share moments from your screen with ease. Whether you want to capture a funny meme, an important message, or a beautiful image, we’ve got you covered.
To take a screenshot on an iPhone 15 Pro, press and hold the Volume Up and Side buttons simultaneously. Your iPhone will automatically save the screenshot to the Photos app.
• SHARE A SCREENSHOT: Select the Share icon, then follow the prompts to share.
• CROP A SCREENSHOT: Select and drag the crop corners to crop the image as desired.
• DELETE A SCREENSHOT: Select the Delete icon.
How To Take Screenshots on iPhone 15 Pro
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the various methods to capture the perfect screenshot on your iPhone 15 Pro. So, let’s dive in!
Method 1: Using Buttons
The first and most common method to capture a screenshot on your iPhone 15 Pro is by using the buttons on your device. Here’s how you can do it:
- Locate the Volume Up button on the left side of your iPhone 15 Pro.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Up button and the Side button (located on the right side of your device) at the same time.
- Release both buttons quickly.
You’ll hear a camera shutter sound (unless your phone is on silent mode), indicating that the screenshot has been successfully captured. Additionally, a thumbnail of the screenshot will appear temporarily in the bottom left corner of your screen. You can tap on the thumbnail to access further options or simply let it disappear, as the screenshot will be saved automatically in your Photos app.
Method 2: Taking Screenshots Without Buttons
Believe it or not, you can also capture screenshots on your iPhone 15 Pro without having to press any physical buttons. This can be especially useful if you have difficulty pressing multiple buttons simultaneously. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone 15 Pro.
- Scroll down and select Accessibility.
- Tap on Touch.
- Scroll further down until you find the Back Tap option.
Back Tap is a feature that allows you to perform various actions by double-tapping or triple-tapping the back of your iPhone. To enable screenshot capture:
- Choose either Double Tap or Triple Tap, depending on your preference.
- Scroll down and select Screenshot from the list of available actions.
- Wait until you see a checkmark next to the Screenshot.
Now, you can simply double-tap or triple-tap the back of your iPhone 15 Pro to capture a screenshot. It’s a convenient alternative method that can come in handy in certain situations.
Method 3: Utilizing AssistiveTouch
AssistiveTouch is another accessibility feature that can simplify the process of taking screenshots on your iPhone 15 Pro. Here’s how you can set it up:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone 15 Pro.
- Navigate to Accessibility.
- Select Touch.
- Toggle on AssistiveTouch.
Once AssistiveTouch is enabled, you’ll see a circular button on your screen’s right side. To take a screenshot using AssistiveTouch:
- Tap the AssistiveTouch button.
- Tap Device in the subsequent menu.
- Tap More.
- Finally, tap Screenshot.
You can also customize the gestures associated with AssistiveTouch in the Custom Actions section. This gives you the flexibility to assign screenshot capture to a specific gesture, such as a single tap or long press.
Method 3: Using Siri
You can also use Siri to take screenshots on your iPhone 15 Pro. To do this, simply say “Hey Siri” to activate Apple’s voice assistant.
Then say “Take a screenshot.” Siri will confirm your request, the animated Siri icon will disappear from your screen, and your iPhone will automatically capture a screenshot.
The screenshot will briefly appear as a thumbnail in the bottom left corner. All screenshots taken this way are saved to the Screenshots album in the Photos app as PNG files by default.
To save a screenshot somewhere else, tap the thumbnail when it appears and select “Save to Files.” Your iPhone will show you some locations to save the file including any folders you’ve already created. You can also make a new folder to organize related screenshots so you can easily find them later.
Editing and Sharing Your Screenshots
After capturing a screenshot on your iPhone 15 Pro, you may want to make some edits or share it with others. Here’s how you can do that:
- Immediately after taking a screenshot, a notification will appear at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap the screenshot notification to access editing and sharing options.
- To edit the screenshot, tap the Edit option. This will open a screen where you can crop, annotate, rotate, or make other adjustments to the screenshot.
- Once you’re satisfied with the edits, tap Done in the top left corner of the screen to save your changes.
- To share the screenshot, tap the Share icon. This will open a menu with various sharing options, such as sending the screenshot via messages, email, or social media platforms.
- If you decide that you no longer need the screenshot, you can tap the Delete icon to remove it from your device.
Tips and Tricks
- For webpages, scroll down and allow all the content to load before capturing a screenshot. This ensures that you capture the entire page.
- If you want to capture a long or scrolling screenshot on your iPhone 15 Pro without using any third-party apps, follow the steps mentioned in the reference articles.
- You can also explore third-party apps like Picsew or Tailor for more advanced screenshot-capturing and editing features.
Capturing screenshots on your iPhone 15 Pro is a breeze with the right techniques. Whether you prefer using buttons, back taps, or AssistiveTouch, Siri, you now have multiple methods at your disposal. Remember to explore the editing and sharing options available to make your screenshots even more impressive. So, go ahead and start capturing and sharing those memorable moments from your iPhone 15 Pro with ease!
But if you are still facing any issues while capturing a screenshot, let us know in the comment section and we will help you with that.